Grooming needs for this cat: trim claws, brush and comb fur, remove mats. Wiggly and vocal during grooming, but very sweet.
Pro cat groomer tip: Distract with treats while trimming claws.
To learn more about this fun and pretty cat breed, check out https://www.thesprucepets.com/ragdoll-cat-breed-profile-4583144
Surprise! This service is for dogs, not cats.
Why? There is a need.
Weekly or every other week brushing for 🐕 canine coat maintenance. You will not be “cheating on” your beloved dog groomer. You will not feel guilty about lack of time for brushing your dog. Your dog will be soft and fluffy.
Note: This is for small-ish dogs who are relaxed about being handled. Only combing and brushing. Sorry, no nails, styling or trimming. This service supplements – does not replace – regular grooming by your dog stylist.
My canine training: graduate of New York School of Dog Grooming. Dog caretaker at veterinary clinic, animal shelter and kennel in NYC and in Illinois. Shelter Manager at Orange County, N.C. Animal Shelter
I will use a combination of combs and brushes, depending on the type of coat.
Fee: $40/15 minutes
Tell your friends. Don’t let them silently struggle to keep up with brushing.
Say it loud and proud, “No More Mats”.
These are tools and equipment I use to groom a beautiful Persian cat during a house call. There are cat combs and brushes, a Zoom Groom, claw trimmers, IV San Bernard moussette, a tiny shaver, and a suction deshedder. This well-designed bathroom is large and comfortable.
- I prepare my work area, often in the kitchen or bathroom, using the big towels you provided.
- You bring your cat to me.
- For bathing, deshedding or dematting visits, I assess your cat by quickly running a hand over and under his or her body. This tells me about coat condition and their reaction to handling.
- For claw trims, I wrap your cat in the towel, place an e-collar (cone) on the head, and begin the claw trim.
- If your cat tries to bite, struggles, howls, hisses, pants or kicks, I will either finish the claw trim or decide that it is not *safe to finish. *When cats struggle, it is easy to cut too much of the claw, causing bleeding and pain.
- If the cat is too upset for safe grooming, we will discuss options to get your cat the grooming they need.
- After the grooming, payment is made with cash, zelle or venmo. If the grooming was stopped due to the cat’s behavior, or if it never began due to cat hiding in inaccessible place, there is a $20 fee to cover subway/bus and time.
- After successful visits, we discuss how often your cat should be groomed, and schedule the next visit.
- The last step is treats and playtime. Always try to end on a happy note. Thank you!!
This is my most popular post. I have now updated the post with a special gift.
It seems like many people are concerned about fur in their lungs. I understand! That is a creepy idea, isn’t it? Who wants furry lungs? Not me!
As a present to visitors to my site, I created a booklet for you to read. I hope you enjoy it.
If you share it, link back to my site or say it’s from Spiffy 🐱 thanks.