7 years of cat grooming house calls.
Training, Credentials, Business Certificates
Graduate of New York School of Grooming. Honors for pre-veterinary studies. Zoo Keeper internship with big cats. Veterinary nurse for house call & clinics. 1,000 hours volunteering & being employed at animal shelters.
Visit my new business, https://spiffyslippysleeves.com, to buy stylish protective sleeves that are perfect for cat owners who have rowdy kitties. Also great for parents and teachers. Protect your favorite clothes from splashes and messes and tears. Sewn here in New York!
Travel area and travel fee
From 96th street to Battery Park in Manhattan.
* If you live outside my travel area, the cost of a round-trip Uber (including tip) is added to the fee. A non-refundable deposit of $5 via zelle or venmo is required. This is because I block out more time in my schedule for out-of-area visits.
Nervous cat? Do I groom all cats?
Is your cat a very nervous cutie? Ask your vet for Gabapentin, unless the vet says that there is a medical reason not to give it. Gaba is given by you two hours before visit. Given in the correct dose, it will calm kitty enough for kitty to be safely handled without any stress for kitty. **Please do not substitute any other drug for Gabapentin.
During my years of grooming, I learned about feline body language. If your cat is showing signs of intense anxiety such as fighting to escape, ears flattened, etc., I may decide not to groom your cat. This is to protect your cat from stress, and to protect myself from bites and scratches.
Who knows? Your kitty may feel instantly comfortable on another day or time. Cats can have moods.
Will your cat hide from visitors? Place cat in a carrier before the visit or block hiding places.
Standard safety precautions
Wearing a surgical mask if you are sneezing or coughing, keeping an arm’s-length distance, talking quietly instead of loudly, canceling if sick . . . common sense rules. I can do a contact-less visit too.
Services offered. Estimated fees.
1. Bath + drying + claw trim + de-shedding + sanitary trim (as needed). Monthly, every other week, or weekly. Italian shampoo or Moussette. (“Spa Day”). Long-haired cat $230. Short-haired cat $180.🐈🛀🐾 *matted cats – $20 additional fee.
2. De-shedding + claw trim. Monthly, every other week, or weekly. Fees vary depending on schedule and kitty fur/size. $88 to $150. 🐾🐈
3. Pawdicure (claw trim): $88.
4. Sanitary trim only or Ruff trim only. Shave small area in the rear or under the chin/upper chest. $88
5. Fee for incomplete visit. $40 (This is a visit which was not completed because 1) the cat could not be picked up due to active hissing, scratching or biting attempts or 2) I find out that the cat is not physically well or 3) the cat was hidden too far under or behind furniture to be picked up.
** Are you looking for a lion cut? This is provided for cats who are very relaxed. $300.
***Are you looking for loving and reliable cat sitting? Cat sitting is $40 per visit. Visit area is from 96th street to 57th street on the east side of Manhattan.
How to pay
Pay by cash, local check, Venmo, Zelle. I do not accept credit cards. Payment due immediately after service is complete. Thank you!
Make a Service Request
Please tell me:
Your name, full address, cat age, fur description and type of grooming services you would like me to provide.
Please answer the questions below for a stress-free visit:
Did you and your cat recently move into a new place? Did you recently adopt your cat? Are you allergic to cats? Does your cat have any health issues such as diabetes, heart murmur, urinary tract infections, etc.? Does your cat’s breath smell funny? Is your cat doing anything unusual, such as meowing all night, avoiding the litter box or hiding? Can you pick up your cat without hissing, scratching or biting?
Email your grooming request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Want to see cute photos of my cat grooming clients? Look for spiffykittycatgrooming on instagram. Adorable!