Blow drying can scare some cats into total panic, poor babies. So what to do? Thanks to a housecall groomer in Chicago, and this kitty’s owners, I tried a great method they suggested. It was great because it worked. Kitty relaxed in the mesh laundry tube, while the blow dryer worked its magic from outside. Really fun and cool way to help kitty feel happy and comfortable during grooming. Go Winston!
For real, there is an index fund called pause. Oops, not pause, not PA WS, but PAWZ. It’s for big pet care related companies. Veterinary food etc. Very interesting.
ads for Pawz are running on the Squawk, that super popular show for investors.
Chewy, Merck, Virbac, and so on, not Gracies Super Cute Poodley Doodle salon in Oklahoma.
(Bloomberg) — Senator Elizabeth Warren is asking private equity firm BC Partners about management at PetSmart after reports of unsafe conditions for both employees and animals.
Significant cost-cutting and reduced staffing since the firm acquired PetSmart in 2015 was exacerbated by the pandemic, when pet adoption and customer traffic surged, Warren said. The Massachusetts Democrat asked BC Partners in a letter Tuesday to explain the steps it has taken to address complaints about lack of safety protections for workers and a reported increase in pet deaths.
“We have long been concerned that some private equity funds implement severe cost-cutting measures after acquiring companies, aiming to boost profits for themselves at the expense of workers, consumers, and taxpayers,” Warren said in the letter, which was also signed by Representative Mark Pocan, a Wisconsin Democrat. “Given recent reports, we are concerned that BC Partners may have followed — and may continue to be following — the same model.”
The lawmakers directed BC Partners to respond to their questions by Nov. 19.”
Related article. Poodle dies at PetSmart.
Soft Paws claw covers. You need a calm cat to successfully apply them. Tip: make sure you get a big enough size. You shouldn’t have to force them on to the claws.
Lily thinks they’re fine. Two came off, but the rest remain in their pale pink glory.
- I prepare my work area, often in the kitchen or bathroom, using the big towels you provided.
- You bring your cat to me.
- For bathing, deshedding or dematting visits, I assess your cat by quickly running a hand over and under his or her body. This tells me about coat condition and their reaction to handling.
- For claw trims, I wrap your cat in the towel, place an e-collar (cone) on the head, and begin the claw trim.
- If your cat tries to bite, struggles, howls, hisses, pants or kicks, I will either finish the claw trim or decide that it is not *safe to finish. *When cats struggle, it is easy to cut too much of the claw, causing bleeding and pain.
- If the cat is too upset for safe grooming, we will discuss options to get your cat the grooming they need.
- After the grooming, payment is made with cash, zelle or venmo. If the grooming was stopped due to the cat’s behavior, or if it never began due to cat hiding in inaccessible place, there is a $20 fee to cover subway/bus and time.
- After successful visits, we discuss how often your cat should be groomed, and schedule the next visit.
- The last step is treats and playtime. Always try to end on a happy note. Thank you!!
- Put out 2 large towels – beach or bath towels.
- Have a quiet home.
- Place other pets in another room if possible.
- Reschedule if your cat, or you, are sick or upset.
- Reschedule if there are renovations or anything that brings strangers or loud noises into your home.
- Be generous with food and treats. Food is a natural sedative.
- Most important, make sure your cat can’t hide under or behind big furniture. If it helps, close doors. If your cat will hide, consider placing your cat in the bathroom or a carrier before the visit.
Preparing for cat bath
- Same as above, plus . . .
- Clear and clean the kitchen sink and part of the counter
- Make sure you have hot and cold water, the sink drains quickly, and that there is enough water pressure.
See you soon!! Looking forward to grooming your cat.
Archie uses his tail to cover both his rear and his face. Soooo cute!
“Privacy tail” activated.🦁
Thank you to Gogo’s human for the video.